For many years, the humble, faithful dog has been the most popular pet for the average human. Like just about any kind of pet, though, dogs come in various breeds and knowing what breed you love most is just as important as knowing if you want a dog in the first place. When we think of a dog in general, we can find ourselves looking at a huge collection of breeds all in one particular label. Dogs are so diverse and varied that it is nearly impossible to tell what kind of breed you would be likely to enjoy most. Instead, it helps to simply know what the most popular dog breeds are.
A dog breed is very important to know about and understand, as they tend to be major players in determining your decision making. If you have thought about getting a dog recently then you might benefit from getting a dog in one of the following breeds.
- Labradors. The most popular dog breed worldwide, these are your typically fluffy, friendly and loveable pets that everyone can love being around. They are very easy-going and care-free dogs, making them a fine choice for those who have time limitations to help the dog out. Labs have long been held up as one of the best form of dog breed to have as a pet because they make it so much easier for you to enjoy your time with them, removing much of the stresses other breeds bring to the table.
- Golden Retriever. The King of the cuddly and cheery dog world, these wonderful dogs are one of the most popular breeds on the planet – and with good reason. They are a larger breed of dog, offering a loving and friendly addition to the family that is sure to offer protection, strength and comfort at all times. These are not dogs that need an overly excessive amount of attention, known for their intellect and compassion above most other breeds. If you want a proud and loyal companion, Golden Retrievers make perfect sense.
- Bulldog. While not always hugely popular, these comical and cute animals make up one of the more beloved forms of dog. They are unmistakable in look and despite the name – bulldog – implying a ferocious and fearsome animal, bulldogs are about as serene as you could legitimately expect from a dog. A fine choice of animal if you want a strong, faithful companion who can make sure you stay plenty safe. A good choice of dog, too, for something that is durable, easy to care for, and intelligent enough to look after itself most of the time, creating a dog that offers security as well as independence.
- French Bulldog. While similar to their cousins above, the French Bulldog makes the list because they have become the perennial fashionable pet choice across the world. They are dogs that are known for their love of the indoors, so make sure in the warm and clammy summer months that you have the AC unit on full blast. They do not handle the heat well and are likely to struggle in the intense heat without any kind of coolant. However, with that in mind, they still are impressive and intelligent dogs that, when brought up in the right home, make tremendous companions.
- Rottweiler. While actually banned in some locations, Rottweilers have been a common form of dog for many years in households. They are known for their friendliness despite a poor reputation, and are dogs which are fiercely protecting and confident in their own abilities. They make absolutely brilliant pets, offering you a friendly and confident companion that can make life so much simpler for the owner. They are deeply loyal animals so long as you look after them, but are strong and fierce enough to stand up to mistreatment. If you want a dog that is friendly and engaging, this is the place to start.
- Boxers. While not everyone is a fan of the Boxer, this is a dog type that most people have a deep and lasting love for. Despite their name they are not huge fighters and instead are known for their sweetness. Boxer dogs make a fine choice for those who want something a little different but with plenty of charm and style to it, making them good dogs for an imposing look that usually never matches up with reality!
- German Shepherds. These wonderful dogs are by far and away one of the most popular form of dog. They are one of the most popular breeds of dog in the US as well as in Europe, and stand the test of time as a durable, strong and intelligent breed of dog. They are powerful, agile and intelligent animals that can follow orders well and offer an obedient and proud species. They are a kind of dog which definitely stands out from the crowd. When treated well, a German Shepherd is likely to be one of the most fiercely loyal animals you could ever own.
- Beagles. The kind and cute beagle is one of the most popular choices of dogs for those who prefer something a little smaller and friendlier than other types listed above. They have been a primary hunting animal for many years, chasing hares and rabbits as they have become used to doing in the past. They are small, cheery and loving little dogs that make beloved friends and companions. As such, beagles can become a dog that offers you an effective and easy way to see the world through a more productive and positive light!
So, with this in mind, you should find it a little easier to look for a breed of dog that matches with your personality. From the huntsman’ companion in the Beagle to the strong and friendly Pitbull, you can find it very easy to locate the kind of dog that you’d love most just by using the above list!